Saturday, August 15, 2009

Update on the first week!

The first 3 days of school are over, and I can't believe how fast they went!

The kids were really awesome this week. The first day is a crazy day in any school, so they were just as patient and understanding as I was. Things really calmed down the next couple of days and we were able to spend time in our own classroom.

Here are some things we did this week:

*We were introduced to our Classroom Library.
*We had our first community circle and Peacemakers lesson!
*We created the ABC chart that is going above the chalkboard.
*We created and signed our Classroom Constitution.
*We learned, had fun, and got to know each other.

Next week we will start into the more academic areas, like math, writing, and reading.

Be sure to remember Back to School night: Tuesday, August 18 from 6:00 - 6:30 p.m. I know we would have all had a long day by then, so I won't talk at you the whole time. It will be a time for me to introduce you to our classroom, and for you to ask me any questions. Hope to see you there!

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Just thought I would stop by and say hey.

    Our granddaughter is in your class and she is very happy that you are her teacher.

    The main reason that I am leaving a response is because that I think that the whole idea that you took the time to create this site, to inform us parents, is pretty cool. I think it is great.

    Thanks.

    gregoryjstephens@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a great site & tool! Kudos, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete